24 Hour Comic Day Report – Status AWESOME!
Of the Competing CLAW talons ALL members met the challenge to complete 24 pages in 24 hours!
- Larry (aka Thorax O’Tool) – [pages not live?]
- RR Anderson – WYATT JAMES, BOY DETECTIVE
- Stowe + Kevin – Wango the Wallaby: Trouble in Console Town
- Mark Monlux – Stickman’s Tips for Having A Table at a Comic Book Convention
- Michael Daley – Insomnia Bites
- Mark Brill – The Mad Man from Planet Zatar!
Check out the finished comics linked above. These are truly dark economic times for the friends of CLAW so donations to our Young Cartoonist of the Future Scholarship fund not as frequent this year… but all the more special, which brings our grand total up into the $500′s. Thank you so much for your donations! If you showed up to the event and made a donation, you got to take home one of these incredible mystery monkey tile original artworks:
Extra-extra thanks to Mr and Mrs. Izenmania who showered us with delicious home-made baked goods. Godamnit I love these people so much. Just look at these young patriots, they love freedom and well fed cartoonists…
see how happy I am?
THANK YOU STAFF OF COMIC BOOK INK! the power of the universe flows through you all!
IN OTHER NEWS…
CLAW is considering formation of a sub-support group within our body of Cartoonists specifically for Cartoon/Comic-strip writers. Here is what we have so far:
- Writers who join the CLAW would be known as Quills.
- Their dues would be $60 a year, not $70
- They would not have a vote.
- They would be judged on their body of work in which they have shown actual collaboration with a cartoonist.
- They can only be sponsored by cartoonist, or a sponsor would be appointed for them via the four eyes if they pass four-eye assessment.
- Four eyes will determine the leader of the quills, just as all leadership is determined by the four-eyes.
- The leader of the quills will be given the title of Alpha, and regarding duration of leadership, will follow the same rules as the other leaders of the CLAW. Past Alpha will be referred to as Omega.
- Letters will be assigned Quills. There can only be one Alpha symbol worn, Omega’s can wear their symbol as long as their members.
- It’s suggested that Quills would wear berets instead of fez.
NEXT CLAW Sketchbook Open Swim
Theme: “Halloweenie!” at Amcat Café @ 7:30 pm on October 20th, 2011 (Third Thursday)
Robot Overlord CLAW T-shirts
- Drawing dragons for First Night event
- Winterfest event at Tacoma Art Museum (december)
- Friend of CLAW nominations
- Yearly Changing of the Four Eye council ritual at Knights of Pythias Temple
- New Members: Michael Daley and Britton Sukys!