CLAW Comic Book Anthology Project
Our goal is to create and self-publish a professional full color themed anthology of comics/stories by CLAW members with a minimum of 120 pages. Project to be financed through Kickstarter. This project will be a highly visible art project in support of Tacoma/South Sound artists.
To create a totally awesome, sophisticated, and one of a kind anthology that pays CLAW artists for their work. Printed on high quality, no bleed paper with attractive cover.
This project will have a PG rating, appropriate for adults, families, kids. Targeting the well informed, art and comic loving public.
Provide thoughtful, artistic work with a shared vision—break stereotype molds of self-published works and present the Claw Artist Guild in a professional light.
- PRIMARY OBJECTIVE-Create a high-quality anthology to fill a wide gulf in the Tacoma market.
- SECONDARY OBJECTIVE-Keep introducing Claw to a large variety of patrons and create a potential revenue stream.
- Working on a collaborative Claw project from start to finish
- Learning to format irregular sized book (6 x 9).
- Create project on Kickstarter
- 120 plus pages with a maximum of 20 pages per contributor (less if we have good participation)
- Strengthen drawing skills and work ethic
- Create fun Kickstarter rewards
- Learn how to format a book and sell it outside of Amazon
- Legitimizing Claw Artist Guild as Tacoma arts powerhouse.
- Taking a collaborative Claw project from start to finish and refining project plan for other projects
- Creating and Completing a Kickstarter Campaign
- Learn critical skillset—how to format books, etc outside of Amazon
- Create and execute strong marketing plan (Learn HOW TO market)
- Brainstorming can lead to more ideas/iterations
- Finished Product to sell on our website, at local events, at comic cons
- Create revenue stream to pay artists for their work
- Potential for series of anthologies, coloring books
PROJECT SUCCESS CRITERIA
TIERS OF SUCCESS
- BRONZE LEVEL-Project competed but not funded on Kickstarter
- SILVER LEVEL-Funded at bare minimum, set up selling in shops, on Amazon
- GOLD LEVEL-Surpass Kickstarter goals, good reviews on Amazon, selling in stores as well.
Aggressive schedule but with smaller input from each participant, is reasonable. (yet flexible)
|Concept/Basic Outline Due||2/28/2017|
|Rough Drafts Due||3/28/2017|
|2nd Drafts Due||5/30/2017|
|Final Drafts Due||7/2017|
|COVER plus Initial Design||7/2017|
|Marketing Plan Developed||8/1/2017|
See separate marketing brief