ENLIST NOW with the Cartoonists League of Absurd Washingtonians and Tinkertopia sponsors/supplies all entries with tinker materials; however, you bring your own Pumpkin with Pumpkin Guts REMOVED … free carving festival workshop hangout with Cartoonists!
+ + +
It’s Bring Your Own Pumpkin the CLAW’s 4th Annual Tinker Pumpkin Carving Festival! Bring your pumpkins and carving implements to TINKERTOPIA. Be sure to RSVP on our Facebook page so that we have a rough idea of how many to set up the room for. Be it a traditional jack-o-lantern, painted, carved, or prop encrusted, there is only one rule: It has to be created on-site during the allowed time. We do ask that if you’re going to core your pumpkin, you do so at home to keep down on the mess. Costumes, funny hats, and Halloween candy are encouraged. ***MISC. TINKER MATERIALS WILL BE PROVIDED BY TINKERTOPIA*** October is also the time the CLAW fundraisers for the CLAW Student Scholarship fund. Spare change is welcomed to help a lucky student afford art supplies.
• Bring your own pumpkin
• Pre-cored (GUTS REMOVED)
• Bring carving tools
• Bring some back up towels
OCTOBER 26TH – 7:30 – 9:30 pm
1914 Pacific Ave
Tacoma, Washington 98402!
RSVP ON FACEBOOK FREE!
check out these incredible pumpkins from last year:
FREE PUMPKIN CARVING TIPS FROM ART TEACHER MR. TELFORD !
“I typed this up real quick, a few suggestions on pumpkin carving. use some or none 🙂 How to get the most out of your pumpkin.
1) Scrape don’t carve. If you scrape or grind away at your pumpkin you can do shading and fine detail work you wouldn’t be able to if you carve all the way through
2) Cut out a circle out of the bottom, not top of your pumpkin. It will trap light better
3) Spray the inside with a 10/1 mixture of water to bleach
4) Spray the outside with a cheap hairspray to seal it
5) Light your pumpkin, if possible, with a compact fluorescent or led bulb. If you must use a candle you will need to poke some holes in the top for air flow. This is my favorite tip. Minimal heat so the pumpkin lasts longer and it is so much brighter. I usually use a light like this http://www.algogene.com/…/bulb-inside-work-light-fixtures-s…
6) Keep the pumpkin cool, store outdoors.
Following these tips should get you 7-14 days of decorative use.”