This event is open to the public – all ages – and everyone is invited to attend and participate. If you bring children they might end up with a very odd gift more suitable for adults. I’m happy to say that this will be our fifth year of astonishing each other with truly absurd Christmas gifts. Now is your chance to re-gift that present your aunt gave you last year. Or maybe you bought something at a garage sale and your common sense kicked in when you go home, so it’s been living in the garage. Or maybe you found something that has the perfect “IT” factor for this event.
The ‘updated’ rules for the White Elephant Gift Exchange:
1. The gift must be “absurd”.
2. If you buy the gift, you must not spend more than $20.
3. You’re gift must be wrapped, or at the very least fully concealed in a festive bag.
4. Those who bring get to participate.
5. Numbers will be drawn from a fez to determine order.
6. You can select a gift from a table or steal a gift from a person who already chose a gift.
7. A gift can only be stolen three times, at which time it becomes locked-in.
8. The person who went first gets a chance at the end of the round to steal a gift.
9. The Trading, purchasing, bartering or auctioning of gifts after the exchange is allowed.
10. No books on Nazis.
In the event that there are extra gifts, they will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. We take credit cards.