Every year the Emerald City Comiccon puts together an book called “Monsters and Dames”. The proceeds go to charity. All the artist who have tables and booths at the convention are invited to submit work. With 160 artists submitting and only 80 pages available competition is fierce to get inside the book. Both Travis Bundy [Talon #20] and Mark Monlux [Talon #3] were given the sad news today that they did not make the cut. Still, we wanted to share the submission with you.
… want to wish everyone a finger-lickin’ belly-full Thanksgiving this year!
Wed, December 4, 7:00pm – 9:30pm
at Kings Books in Tacoma. 218 Saint Helens Avenue Tacoma, WA 98402
This is a CLAW Open Swim meeting that is open to the public at large – all ages – and everyone is invited to attend and participate. I’m happy to say that this will be our fourth year of astonishing each other with truly absurd Christmas gifts. Now is your change to re-gift that present your aunt gave you last year. Or maybe you bought something at a garage sale the wife vetoed. Or maybe you found something that has the perfect “IT” factor for this event
The rules for the White Elephant Gift Exchange:
1. The gift must be “absurd”.
2. If you buy the gift, you must not spend more than $20.
3. You’re gift must be wrapped, or at the very least fully concealed in a festive bag.
4. Those who bring get to participate.
5. Numbers will be drawn from a fez to determine order.
6. You can select a gift from a table or steal a gift from a person who already chose a gift.
7. A gift can only be stolen three times, at which time it becomes locked-in.
8. A gift doesn’t have to be unwrapped until all gifts are selected. (While there is debate about this rule it was part of our original rules in 2008 and I’m going to stick with tradition.)
9. Once all gifts are locked-in, those that have not been unwrapped should be unwrapped.
10. The Trading, purchasing, bartering or auctioning of gifts after the exchange is allowed.
11. no NAZI books or dead animals
In the event that there are extra gifts, they will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. We take credit cards.